Friday, June 5, 2009

1 Week Old Today

Well, Kyle is 1 week old today and what a week it has been. This evening we were admitted to UTMB down in Galveston because of a possible infection. I will download some pictures in a little while. Last Saturday when we were still in the hospital I noticed a few little areas on Kyle's left foot and I pointed them out to his nurse. I thought that they were from his name bands. He kicks his feet a lot and I thought he had scratched his foot. Then I was discharged on Sunday and he stayed for phototherapy. When I returned to feed him that evening I noticed that most of the skin was missing off of both of his big toes. I asked the nurse about and she gave me an explanation that did not make sense. When we returned the next morning to bring him home we noticed that the skin was missing from his right heel. The nurse said that our pediatrician had seen it and was concerned and we were to follow up with him the next day. So we did and he started Kyle on oral antibiotics and a topical antibiotic. We followed up again today and his heel is worse and Dr. Binder (by the way he is the best pediatrician ever!) said that he wanted to admit Kyle for IV antibioitcs and a plastics (plastic surgery doctor) consult. So we are here at UTMB. Not my first choice, but I trust Dr. Binder and I know that he would not send us here if he did not think they would take good care of our little man. I will keep everyone updated via the blog and I will download some pictures in a little while. Please keep all of us in your prayers and include the girls because they are being shifted all around again after being shifted around last week when Kyle made his way into this crazy world. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment