Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tears and Lights

Well this morning I woke up thinking that we were going to discharged from the hospital sometime before lunch. Kyle had to have an ultrasound this morning to check on a little dimple on his back side which ended being normal, but his bilirubin this morning was continuing to creep up and he was looking a little yellow. So Dr. Binder decided to check another level at 1 pm and if it was continuing to rise he wanted to keep him over night for phototherapy. Well Dr. Binder called me around 2:45 pm and said that Kyle would have to stay. I cried like a baby off and on for the rest of the day because I did not want to leave my baby boy at the hospital. We decided to go ahead and come home after his 3 pm feeding. Nana made us dinner (Thank you Nana!) and so we had dinner and I spent some time with the girls. Chloe got to snuggle with which she has missed the last few nights. I then returned to the hospital for Kyle's 10 pm feeding and he did so good at latching on. He is not back under the lights. His bili has come down quite a bit already so by tomorrow morning he should for sure be good to go. I can't wait to bring our little guy home! Here are a few pictures of him sun bathing.

Here are also just a few more pictures of our little man. He is just so cute I have to show him off.


1 comment:

  1. we love kyle already! cant wait to finally see him!!

    ReplyDelete